Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Directed
Power Dozer Operational Capability Integration Demonstration
Supporting Mission Critical Operations, National Training Center, Ft. Irwin, California
The Power Dozer Side-Casting Blade Technology is a mechanized earth-moving system that is highly productive, maintainable and robust. The system allows continuous loading and unloading of material at a rate unattainable by other means.
OPERATIONAL DEMONSTRATION OBJECTIVE
To allow the National Training Center to explore the potential utility of the side-casting blade technology in a range of operations.
• Demonstrate Power Dozer in desert conditions
• Demonstrate offensive, defensive and general engineering applications
• Pursue the vision and imagination of the NTC Operations Group in pushing this technology to its limits.
"No longer will the commander be restricted to a smaller, less than adequate project because the equipment ... cannot accomplish the mission in a timely manner."
- 11th Armored
The Power Dozer operating in real-world scenarios significantly exceeded the productivity and capability of currently deployed military assets in:
• Earth-Construction (horizontal) (force protection)
• Rapid breaching of obstacles (counter obstacle operations)
• Rapid Clearing Operations
• Rapid earth-moving in support of force entry
• Egress operations (restoring terrain)
VALUE TO WARFIGHTER
• Speeds survivability operations
• Force multiplier
• Ease of training
• Operator friendly
• Maintenance friendly
• Off-the-shelf components
• Multi-faceted capabilities/taskings
• Operational process places far less strain on mechanical parts